Cocoa Vanilla Studio: More Than Words for Valentine's Day!




Hi Cocoa Vanilla Studio Friends & Fans!

Amanda here, & I am so excited to be sharing some very pretty Valentine's Day inspiration with our new More Than Words collection. This collection is so swoon worthy! & with the big heart day tomorrow, there's still plenty of time for you to create this sweet Valentine gift and card set.....


Oh isn't this lovely?! 
 And it really is super easy to create!
I made my own heart wreath from cane strips, but you can find plenty of pre-made wreaths at florists, and gift stores. I gave mine a rough coat of white gesso, and twisted some soft pink wool around it to soften those edges. 
The fun part is all the embellishing!  
Select your fave recent photo of your Valentine, choose a sentiment (I cut out the Love You To Bits card from pattern paper CV-MT006 TREASURE ) and heat up your glue gun!


I arrange DIE CUT EPHEMERA pieces, CHIPBOARD STICKERS, & a FLAIR BUTTON around my heart and once happy with their position, I hot glue them into place. I string up the EPHEMERA feathers with twine, and dangle them from the base of the heart. I love the interest this creates! 
I also layer quite a few of EPHEMERA pieces......

 
SO pretty! Those butterflies are just divine!


And the FLAIR are always so perfectly coordinated! Such a sweet gift!
Now for the card....


You make my heart sing, indeed! Such a lovely card to give to your beloved!
I start with a 6" x 4" white card, and use pattern papers from the 6 x 6 PAPER PAD. These smaller size designs are perfect for cardmaking!
I embellish my card with a DIE CUT EPHEMERA frame, and then adorn it with CHIPBOARD STICKERS, & ACCESSORY STICKERS. 
Simple, but oh so effective!


And there you have it!
 A very beautiful (but super quick & easy) Valentine!
I hope I have inspired you to get creating with More Than Words!
Thanks so much for visiting, & Happy Valentine's Day!
til next time,

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment