Pinkfresh Studio: Escaping The Ordinary with Subtle Stamping Techniques!




Hello Friends!

Welcome back for more paper delights!
 I am so excited about my DT assignments for Pinkfresh Studio this month!
October is all about stamps!
Stamps?!! On a clean and contemporary page?!!
Yes, mixed media doesn't need to be messy, infact it can be so super pretty if applied subtly!
  All the stamps in the Pinkfresh Studio collections are just stunning, and the Escape The Ordinary set is an absolute new favourite of mine!

So without further ado, here's two Escape The Ordinary layouts with very subtle stamping techniques. I do hope they inspire you!

First up is this super delicate page of my sweet girl, 
"On My Heart"


Isn't this just divine?!! Something beautiful, indeed!
I've drawn on the pretty blues & greens in my photograph, as well as been inspired by the sentiments and stars in the Escape The Ordinary Stamp Set. So pretty!

My 12 x 12" layout starts with that gorgeous green wash paper, DARE, and is then mounted with pattern paper, EXPLORE that has been trimmed to 11 x 11". As I only wanted to feature the green and blue elements of this paper, I arranged my photo cluster, LAYERED TAG and EPHEMERA to 'cover up' the red and yellow triangles, leaving me with a very cool, and gentle background for my layout. Perfect!

For my photo cluster, I layered lots of coordinating pattern papers from the 6 x 6 PAPER PAD, and tied it all together with that super sweet DIE CUT FABRIC PIECE On My Heart.
I absolutely love the soft texture and interest that the fabric pieces add to your projects! 

But today is all about the stamping, so let's take a closer look at how I've incorporated those awesome stamps into this girly page....


Oh aren't they pretty?! 

Subtle stamping on your layouts can reallly add that extra finishing touch! I really wanted to keep mine soft and delicate to compliment my sweet photo.  I also wanted to coordinate with the pretty background paper, so I went with white embossing powder. Every star, & every sentiment, has been heat embossed in white to keep with this delicate style. 
Subtle, but very much an integral element to the design. 
I especially love the sentiments - they work perfectly with the hidden journalling I've included for my daughter.
This is her journey, it isn't always easy - embrace those detours, and remember something beautiful is always about to unfold. Love it! Such a wonderful and empowering message to my pre teen! 

Here's another view ....


Just gorgeous!

Lots of other pretty embellishments adorn this page, including those fabulous PUFFY STICKERS! Aren't they something?!! The mountain triangles, and stars in both stickers and gold foil EPHEMERA really add that finishing touch to the page. Love it! 
I hope you adored this delicate, subtle stamped layout!


My second layout really celebrates the season of Fall, as well as embracing the beauty of life and documenting the everyday story,

"Something Beautiful" 


Something beautiful - Yessss! 

How darling is that photograph of my precious two?! I love that this collection not only celebrates the season, but is also repsectful of it too! Classy and yet so contemporary!
Like my previous layout, I have really drawn on the colours in my photograph. I have also been very inspired by the Fall theme. 

My page begins with the stunning TRANSFORM patterned paper, and is then layered with the reverse side of DARE, as well as a layer of white cardstock. I have cut the 'Something Beautiful Is On The Horizon' trim from pattern paper, SEARCH, and used it as a band to combine all the layers as one. I love how it brings unity to the page design! 

The remainder of the design is a simple vertical flow pattern, that is supported by those gorgeous stamped leaves.
 Let's take a better look at this....


Nothing says Fall more than falling leaves! 
The leaf stamp in the Escape The Ordinary set was perfect for this layout!

To keep with the 'clean' mixed media look, I don't stamp directly onto my layout. 
On a scrap piece of white cardstock, I repeat stamped the leaf in Staz-On black ink. 
Once dry, I handpainted the leaves in gold and lime tones from my Shimmerz Paints stash. 
The leaves were then fussy cut and rearranged to best fit the page design. This meant I could control the stamping, and keep my page mess free!
 Another really subtle stamping technique with such a stunning result! 
The stamped leaves are supported with DIE CUT leaves, and even some cute PUFFY STICKERS to add that extra wow! 


SO beautiful!
Nothing ordinary going on here at all! 

I really hope that my scrapbook pages have inspired you to get creating with Escape the Ordinary, and moreso, to jump in and use those stamps too! 
Clean mixed media is a thing now ;) Yay!!!
Happy creating!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment