Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Hello AWEsome!




Hi Creative Friends!

I am so excited to be sharing my latest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio with the new 
You ROCK collection! 
This week our Design Team assignment is to scraplift a fellow DT member's layout (past or present) and I am delighted to be lifting the insanely talented, Anna Komenda!  
For those of you who don't know, I am an enormous fan of Anna's unique style - she never ceases to amaze me! 
Here's her original design that I am lifting today.....

"Summer Fun" by Anna Komenda

Absolutely stunning!!! 
You can see why I just LOVE Anna's creating! 
I am also a huge fan of vertical designs and thought this layout would be a ton of fun to scraplift. And, with it being Summer in the Northern Hemisphere right now - Anna's layout is great inspiration! And, for my version, I am inspired by the cooler months in the Southern Hemisphere. 
But enough chatter, here's my scraplift of Anna's original,

"Hello AWEsome" 

I absolutely adore how this turned out! 
You ROCK is such a perfect match for my Mr A for Awesome in the Autumn leaves! 
The colours in my photogrpah were just so perfectly balanced that it seemed a no brainer to draw upon them for my pattern paper choice!
 The warm, earthy and natural look of the reverse side of pattern paper CV-YR008 PLUS ONE (woodgrain) was always going to be my main feature paper, as were the Wood Veneer Shapes. 
The cool blues in my lil boy's outfit and chucks had me grabbing at pattern paper CV-YR009 GALACTIC , as well as the blue highlighter tones from the awesome paper CV-YR004 STRIPPED. 
My final paper choice was CV-YR006 RANDOM - the reverse side coordinated with my son's black & white cap, and the A side features that golden yellow, "You Rock" card. Perfection! All I really needed to do for this layout was embellish!

Let's start with that Wood Veneer title....


The veneer shapes in You ROCK are SO much fun! I love that the AWE is capitalised in awesome - very cool! 
And just like Anna's original, I've positioned my title vertically for big impact. 
Hello awesome, indeed!

Moving further up, you'll spy that I have layered, and mounted, my You Rock journal card.....


It's also embellsihed with that  BOOM Flair Button , a yellow Enamel Shape, a star Chipboard Accent Sticker & that incredible typewriter font Washi Tape Sticker! So many cool items here! I love the pops of yellow throughout my layout - they really create interest and coordinate with my colour palette so beautifully!

Let's take a closer look at some more of those sweet yellow embellies.......


The layered stars are so much fun! Seriously, perfection!!!
I just love the tone of the yellow in You ROCK! It couldn't be more on point!
How awesome are all the Die Cut Ephemera pieces too?!! 
That Happy Snaps camera had me from the moment I opened the packet, lol! And just like Anna's design, I chose to use sentiment Accessory Stickers to lead your eye into my photograph. And Yes, he is officially amazing to us!!! ;)

Lots of decorative pieces adorning my photo too......


More camera goodness - could that veneer get any more adorable?!! And stars for my super star!
And there you have it!

My sweet Autumn take on Anna's amazing Endless Summer design - I hope I did it justice! I'd love to know your thoughts!
Feeling inspired? 
Be sure to share your creations with us in the Official Cocoa Vanilla Studio Community group on Facebook, we love seeing what you've made too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, 
til  next time,

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment